Retro Videogame Bootsale Bargains

Thursday, June 22, 2006

First post - SNES bargains


Hi,
I thought I'd kick off this blog with some SNES bargains I purchased this very lunchtime. While on my lunchbreak I like to have a quick browse around the local charity shops as they often have the odd game or two. Recently I picked up Splatterhouse 2 for the Mega Drive for £1 at one shop.

Today was a good day as the local Cancer Research had a stack of SNES games all individually priced between 50p and £2. The manageress offered the lot to me for £12 - WOW!! I thought. Unfortunately, I'd just spent all my spare cash on lunch so a trip to the bank was needed. I rushed back hoping they were still there, and they were. So I got the following items for £12.

Boxed with Instructions
Super Mario Kart
Street Racer
Star Wing
Stunt Race FX
WWF Royal Rumble

Unboxed:
Super Mario World
Street Fighter II (US)
Super StarWars (US)

US/UK SNES Adapter

I've uploaded more pics of them here. I apologise for the quality of the pics, they were taken with my camera phone.

4 Comments:

  • Wow! Some stunning items there.

    I have to admit that this year I've not been along to many boot sales at all. I've either been busy doing DIY or recovering from a heavy Saturday night.

    The other week however I popped along to a local booter and picked up:

    - A boxed, mint "Intellivision" controller system (one of those controllers with 25 games built in) for a fiver
    - A boxed, mint "Sabrewulf" for the GBA (I'd been after this for ages) for a fiver.

    Not a brilliant haul, but it still made it worth getting up for.

    By Blogger Rob Hazelby, at 11:15 pm  

  • I've sold the Mario Kart for £18 at GameStation (put the funds towards my DS Lite)

    By Blogger Blackadder Hall, at 11:02 am  

  • £18?! Not bad at all!

    That's what I love about booting. Not only are us gamers out there rummaging through the crap for gems, but duplicate items are more often than not purchased and then traded in for other gaming bits and pieces.

    I wonder how much GS will ramp up the cost of that Mario Kart when it goes back on sale? £24.99?

    By Blogger Rob Hazelby, at 8:55 pm  

  • I saw it in the Slough branch of GS for £24.99 - so I reckon you're right there.

    By Blogger Blackadder Hall, at 6:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home