Retro Videogame Bootsale Bargains

Friday, June 23, 2006

Today's charity shop trawl


NES being suffocated in a plastic bag
Originally uploaded by blackadderhall.

Today’s trawl through the charity shops was a bit of a disappointment.
SCOPE had a single copy of Chase H.Q for the Master System (price unknown)
Oxfam had half a dozen PS1 games for £2.99 each (just the usual driving/footy games)
Cancer Research had bugger all
Banardo’s had the best retro item; an unboxed NES with 2 controllers, light gun, and 3 games (Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt and New Zealand Story). This was being suffocated in a plastic bag at the bottom of a shelf. They wanted £15 for it. I preferred a cheese and pickle sarnie from Benjy’s so I didn’t buy it.

Oh well, the weekend is nearly upon us and it can mean only 1 thing… BOOTSALES!!

May Barginius the Goddess of Bootsales smile on you.

1 Comments:

  • This NES dissapeared for about a week and then turned up again. I think it had been off for testing... Well, they didn't test it very well as I bought it and found it would only load a game once every 100 or so attempts. So, I took it back today and got me a refund. I then managed to get all the games (including Super Mario Bros. 3) 2 controllers and a zapper for £5 - bargain I thought.

    By Blogger Blackadder Hall, at 1:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home