Retro Videogame Bootsale Bargains

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Last Sunday's bootsale

What a terrible day Sunday was. We were really looking forward to this week's as there were supposed to be two big bootsales very close to each other. We woke at 6am to a cloudy sky and by 6:30 it had started raining. Not letting a bit of rain put us off, my girlfriend and I did our usual walk to the bootsale. IT WASN'T THERE!!! Noooooooo. Maybe it was the weather, maybe it was that a larger bootsale close by was starting at 11. We went home, went to bed and then headed off to the "big" bootsale for 11. How dissapointed was I? VERY. It was a piss poor turnout with about 20-30 cars in total. Found nothing on the first run. Went for a coffee and came back.

I thought my luck was changing as some woman had a purple GameCube with three controllers and two memory cards. She said she wanted a fiver for it as she'd sold all the games for a fiver each. She assured me it worked and so I parted with £5 (bargain I thought). Got it home - the bloody thing wouldn't read any discs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! What a disaster. Here's hoping this Sunday is better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home